Monday, September 30, 2013

September: Extra Blog

               During my internship this month I was introduced and have done some research on numerous architects as well as some of the work they designed and created. One of the many that i have researched is Pierre Chareu. One of his most famous design is Maison de Verre, which translates to "House Of Glass" in French. A good video that familiarizes Mr. Chareu and his work was this YouTube video that was e-mailed to me by an architect that works in the architectural firm that I am currently during my internship in. I was also introduced to Frank Lloyd Wright who was one of the most famous architect during the 19th century. Wright had a very unique style as well as talent when designing buildings. On of Wright's most well known desogns are the "Prairie Schools" which were public buildings that pitched roofs and long rows of casement windows, employing only locally available materials and wood that was always unstained and unpainted, emphasizing its natural beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment