Thursday, August 22, 2013

Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals

1. My topic will be about architecture or the designing of buildings.

2.To show growth in each of the ESLRs this year I plan to:
  • iPoly Citizen: Being an iPoly citizen is or what can be considered an iPoly citizen is someone who gives back to iPoly by being involved in organizing clubs, dances, or events for the entire school. One example is by joining a variety of committees to help get the best result for all of the sales as well as events. I plan on becoming a better iPoly citizen by joining numerous committee to help the senior class and the school move forward.
  • Effective Learner: Being an effective learner is a person who is able to learn and truly understand a topic taught to them either being school related or not. One way to be an effective learner would be by asking questions when you have any. Asking questions may help you better grasp a certain topic and it may also clear up any inaccurate information. To be a more effective learner I plan to ask questions and also help my peers who may need some extra help. Teaching a topic can also help you learn a topic because you are practicing it regularly.
  • Effective User of Technology: Being an effective user of technology is someone who is able to use technology in order to make a task easier or more efficient. One simple yet perfect example would be a calculator. Calculators allow us to do all sorts of things to extremely large numbers that would other wise take full pages to accomplish. In order to be an effective user of technology I plan to use technology to my advantage so that I may not have to work as hard to get the same results. One way specifically by typing a rough draft on my laptop instead of writing it by hand because eventually I will have to type and print out my final draft.
  • Effective Communicator: Being an effective communicator means that you are able to communicate in a way to someone or an audience with ease so that the listener may understand what they are being told or asked. One characteristic of an effective communicator is asking questions and thoroughly explaining the topic. In order to be an effective communicator I plan on trying to new people and also take a leadership role in either a committee or a outside organization that I am involved with.

No comments:

Post a Comment